Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 November 2010

From the mouths of babes....

daughter looks at me over the breakfast table, Im putting on my make up, drawing eyes on.

She askes "why do you wear make-up Mummy?"

"so I look pretty for work and a little younger" I say

"but you are so beautiful, you dont need any thing more, you look perfect" she says frowning trying to understand grown ups.

"Aww thank you princess that is such a kind thing to say" It made me smile so much, such kind innocent words.

She smiles back and starts to giggle "Your hair is a mess though, I suggest you prioritise!"

Harsh but fair!

5 comments:

nitebyrd said...

LOL! She sounds like a very sharp cookie!

DCHY said...

Hehe! Just cut your hair short and "spike" it. Can't ever say that again. ;)

Mrs Mira said...

My husband shaved his goat and our daughter told him to put it back on because he didn't look good.

Kids are awesome like that.

Playfully Yours said...

They know their mother is beautiful!!!!!

PY

Hedone said...

OMG! That is too too funny.