Search This Blog

Sunday 27 June 2010

Keeping a friend smiling

I'm the kind of friend that likes to be there for people when they need it. Not to over crowd them with sympathy or pity but to give them what they need when they need it.

My oldest friend found out she has breast cancer just last week, next week they are doing her mastectomy. Obviously Ive offered to be there if she needs a shoulder to cry on BUT i know she is surrounded by family that is there fore that. She lost her brother to cancer when we were little so the family are supportive but a tad depressing in my opinion.

SO! my job is the cheerer upper. Last night I had her over with some friends for a BBQ and a fair well to the old tits party. She loved it. We had a giggle we have a good feel of her old boobies and plan to have another party to welcome the new falsies in 2 months.

She has a tough few weeks ahead and I plan to make her laugh and keep her smiling as best I can. I'm sure we will shed some tears along the way but I hope its from laughing too much.

Love you to bits babe... keep your chin up and don't gloat when your boobs are more pert than mine!

4 comments:

Leah said...

A bittersweet posting there, and radiating such humour. She's a lucky lady to have a friend who would do that for her. I hope all goes well with her and that she can keep smiling.

Anonymous said...

you are giving her the best gift she could have.

When I had cancer I was suprised that those I thought would be supportive avoided me and people I didn't know well were very supportive. The most important thing to me was to keep my sense of humour and I believe that is the main reason I am still here now.

hugs to you and your friend

Anonymous said...

That's a FANTASTIC and loving gesture. How fun. And you know it's best that she go in to this (as best she can) with a positive state of mind. Happiness, and positivity go a long way to aid in healing.

You are a dear friend :)

P.S. I think you just wanted an excuse to feel her up :P

nitebyrd said...

What a wonderful thing to do! Being there for her is the absolute best medicine, for sure.