Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 October 2010

And I'm the bad person??

Still not speaking with mum.

Told her until she is willing to sit down and discuss what she is doing and take responsibility for her behaviour I'm not prepared to budge.

Her reaction to that was to accuse me of being distructive and trying to hurt her???

Mum and Dad went to brothers at the weekend and it seems o was the hot topic of conversation. Apparently I'm also not speaking to my brother and his wife?? Granted I don't want to discuss all this crap with them as he is do argumentative and disagrees with me on every point but to me he is adding to the mess by making up stuff.

But what bothers me is Dads telling me this happened but never stuck up for me??

Plus mum wouldn't hear a bad word spoken about my brother yet she is happy to slag me off with him.

Seems I'm left alone and I was the one trying to help them.

4 comments:

DCHY said...

Stand your ground. Your mom is being manipulative. My dad used to manipulate me into accepting the blame for HIS actions. Does the "You made me (fill in the blank), it's your fault" song and dance sound familar to you? I heard it too.

Don't worry about your father not standing up for you...he will eventually reach the point and decide he has had enough of enabling her. Cannot tell you when. Only he would know.

You are not a bad person. You believed you are a bad person because she kept manipulating you and her loved ones. Clear?

nitebyrd said...

I have to second what DCHY & NV said. YOU ARE a good person, you're mother isn't. Your father may be a loving, understanding man but he isn't strong.

Stay the course, hun. Don't give in under pressure. What you're doing is the right thing.

inherservice said...

You can't help someone who doesn't want it, and they will do anything they can to exile you to keep from facing their problems or losing whatever it is they're hanging onto.

I know it hurts, but you're better off on the outside...

It doesn't mean they won't wreck the train, but at least you won't be on board!

Hedone said...

inherservice is correct.

Your Dad seems to want to be a passive bystander in all this. I guess that's how he copes.