Search This Blog

Monday 4 October 2010

Mother update

The paramedic called the police as she started getting violent, she hit me and started to hit my Dad, it was pitiful, heart breaking and all round crap.

The police took her away to the hospital but a few hours later she was back. They wouldnt do anything with her as she was drunk therefore a waste of resource for the hospital.

She was full of venom and told my dad she was going to hurt him in his sleep so since then he has stayed at mine. It isnt ideal but its the best.

18 missed calls on my mobile, 12 messages on home phone and countless on Dad's mobile throughout the night.

The next day dad went to the house to check on her, she pretended nothing had happened, she had cleaned the house and was baking!

Dad packed a bag of clothes and left but a few hours later he got concerned there was a few worrying messages from her. When he went over she was a mess, she was sorry and she wanted help. Dad acknowledge but was brave and left again after making sure she had eaten.

On Sunday it was hell, she was full of hell, violent and drunk again, he was worried she was cooking again and a pan was nearly on fire, he wanted to stay with her,he asked me to come over and help but I didnt think I could help, I feel like if i see her at the minute I will cause more friction. I cant just accept an apology now. I cant pretend this was nothing and it didnt hurt.

For the first time is years my husband stepped up, he offered and went over to help, he was calming and impartial, when he turned up my mum apparently pulled herslef together thinking he had popped over for coffee with the kids?? it was 10pm?

He talked with her and confirmed to my dad she was drunk.

as my husband left she started again and threatened dad again, my brother called in the middle of this and Dad explained what was happening, my brother told Dad to pass mum the phone and to leave the house while he spoke with her. He did.

The calls and vicious messages started again. Its amazing how the drinking distorts the world. She blames me and Dad for pulling the family apart and making her ill?????????????

6 comments:

Gucci Mama said...

That's heartbreaking. I hate it for you. I wish I had the right words to say.

inherservice said...

It is a mental health issue...

one there is no way of dealing with as long as the alcohol continues to flow.

I wish somehow I could fix it, but she is the only one who can...

Hugs...

nitebyrd said...

This is a very bad situation. She definitely needs to be in rehab or an institution. You, your father and your family cannot continue to live this way.

Playfully Yours said...

This situation is so hard. The fact that it is your mother makes it even harder.
I have no words of wisdom, but I am here if you want to talk.

Hugs
PY

DCHY said...

Yeah. My dad apologized so many times I stopped believing him. He acted like nothing had happened so many times I stopped visiting him. We spoke 4 times, all in very brief conversations, in 2 years before he died.

Do I regret that? No. All he had to do was apologize for his actions that led to our last fight. Nope, he wouldn't do that and took it right to his grave.

Sounds cold, but that was the path he chose. So did your mom. She is being manipulative in a passive-aggressive manner.

Jennie @ Modern Mamaz said...

Alcoholism. You can't win for losing when you love one. Good luck and stay strong.