Search This Blog

Sunday 24 July 2011

I'm not a nice person (apparently)

I pluck up the courage to address the condoms again, I'm really calm and explain how the dates don't add up and that we should discuss these things, if he is having sex we need to work out how that fits into our relationship. I just want to know what I'm dealing with, I have no judgement to cast upon him, o have no right to that.

He says he isn't and I'm honest saying I still have my doubts. He decides best defence is attack.

All of a sudden a barrage of faults are thrown at me. One stands out and hurts the most. He tells me I ridicule him in front of people, I ask how/when. He says I did it just today when I told our friend how he had spoken in a funny accent in France on holiday. I'm thrown as this was just humour, my sense of humour, I always share stories of things we have done that are worthy of a giggle, more often I'm the butt of my own jokes. He says he can't talk to me about everything for fear if being made a laughing stock???

I apologise and say it was never meant to hurtful just sharing a funny moment, I politely point out that he has done this too me on many occasion, shared that little too much info but I've seen the value in the laugh.

He moves on to say his friends think the same, that I have been demeaning to them. I'm shocked and as when, apparently his friend had asked my opinion some 4 years ago if a new hair cut would make him look younger... My reply "somewhere between bob and no on the hope scale" it was just a funny retort!

Also his family!!! Apparently his mother has never rested well since I said hubby was never happier than with a cloth and sone bleach... Does no body get sarcasm??

So I'm starting to worry maybe i am some horrible person, some narsisitic streak I can't see.

Then he tells me he can't understand why my best friend even puts up with me I'm so mean and horrid to her. I'm crying now. He says he has even heard her say she does know why she puts up with the crap from me. Oh my god I never realised. I feel so winded, I never thought my sense of humour was hurtful, hurting the people around me.

He asks "was I bullied as a child" he knows the answer to this and it hurts that he even has brought this up and I can't reply as it sounds like I agree with him and I don't believe that just because I was bullied does'nt make me a bully. I'm do choked with tears but I don't want him to see how much he is hurting me.

I lie awake most of the tears pouring silently from me.

I leave for work early and first thing I do is ring best friend. I need to put things right. I explain what's happened and why I'm calling, she is silent on the phone, then she shrieks and starts laughing... "Seriously" she says, "you are the funniest, nicest, caring person. Sarcastic at times but more about your own flaws than anyone else" she assures me. "as for the I don't know why I put up with you comment that was because you asked me to do some work and I was being sarcastic! FFs!!"

Tears if relief ran down my face as I sat in the car, I can't believe I doubted myself so much.

When I went back home at lunch time he went at it again, telling my how selfish and spiteful I am. I just sit quiet and take it, quietly taking another step back from our relationship. He tells me he just wants to fix things and get back to having sex, I say there is no magic solution to this, he says I need to stop trying to hurt him. I ask him to explain, he says that just because he wouldn't have sex for me for years I'm just trying to get back at him.

I'm shocked I thought he understood this. This is feeling like one way traffic and its all my fault I ask him calmly a question. "All those years you didn't want to have sex with me, the changing excuses, the new reasons why you couldn't, did you do any of that to hurt me? "

"no" he says

"why can't you accept that maybe I'm just where you were then?"

He shrugs his shoulders unable to answer.

It's taken a few days to get my head back straight but now I resent what he did. I asked for an open discussion and reassurance which was perfectly reasonable and what I got was uncalled for and very hurtful.

It makes me see little point in raising any of my concerns in our marriage because the hurt isnt worth it. I hate that i feel this way as i struggle to make my feelings known anyway for fear of upsetting others.

4 comments:

naughtyangel420247 said...

My heart hurts hearing of the pain he is causing you. I am still learning your story but could he be anymore insecure? To me it sounds like he is being the bully.

(((((((((HUGS)))))))) and I can't see you purposely hurting him.

Thinking of you.

Leah said...

Your guy has problems. And they aren't you! Hugs, sweet girl.

naughtyangel420247 said...

One more thing and I'll leave you be. About the nasa condoms. DH and I had some left over from in between pregnancies. My youngest was born in 08.

Yes last year I found condoms that do not expire until 2013. Come on just admit it. Last I remembered we used them all and that was why we rolled the dice and had R on the way.

When he was caught he denied ever doing anything. Swears they never met up and just keep on missing each other. Well the emails I saw led me to believe otherwise. I even asked him about the condoms. Why on earth can't they just admit they are wrong?

DCHY said...

He is making you cry so he can keep you in a vulnerable spot. He did it first time around with no sex. Then you sought out therapy. He sees that won't work anymore. Time for new tactic...make you feel like shit.

I cannot and will not stand bullies.