Search This Blog

Saturday 9 October 2010

Controlled explosion

I've held back so much this past week, I've been terribly British and kept a stiff upper lip but I know I can't do it much longer.

I nearly cried when talking with the therapist the other day, him and his partner have been so supportive.

Tomorrow the children are out at ballet and the husband at football, I need to cry and get it out my system so I need to watch a sad film, I known once I start that will be it!

Any recommendations?

I'm a fan of the English Patient, it always makes me cry, to see how much he loves her, what he is prepared to endure.

Or maybe the episode of ER where doctor green passes away to the tune of somewhere over the rainbow.

It's better to cry at someone else's misery than my own.

5 comments:

inherservice said...

Like so many things in life...

it's all in the release!

The journey not so important...

as venting the pressures!

May you find every kind you need!

Hedone said...

Well said inherservice.

Have a good cry honey.

(((HUGS)))

-H

Playfully Yours said...

You let it out any way you feel you need to. You know yourself best...Take care of you first!!!

PY

nitebyrd said...

When I feel like that, I always watch "An Affair to Remember". The original or "Steel Magnolias", both those films can induce a major crying jag.

Hope you get it out and feel better.

(Word verification = unbent!)

Nolens Volens said...

The movie "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" always gets me. Yes, I cried. Seen it 4 times and I cried each time. Also, try "My Life" with Michael Keaton.