Search This Blog

Saturday 5 March 2011

Still in hospital

Following last weeks fiasco with mum she is still in hospital, they've had to operate 3 times on her ankle, they've put plates in it now and they are keeping her in. Good thing is it's drying her out.

Downside is the begging and pathetic phone calls from her pretending she's this weak ill victim that needs visitors. I ignored the first few calls, I was away in London on business and meeting a blog friend and found it best to ignore.

Yesterday she called and I decided to answer it, she asked since I was back from London could I pop in and bring the tweezers. I was direct but calm and said no, I would not be calling in, I'm done, I have no interest in being verbally znd physically battered by a drunk. She gets angry and tells me to visit tonight or I was evil fir not seeing my sick mother. I answer calmly you are a drunk and liar, deal with that and we might begin to speak again until then don't bother calling.

I sat shaking after the call.

It looks like she will be in hospital for at least another week, dads telling her tomorrow he's going for a divorce. I want him to do it while she is sober in hospital and being watched by the medical staff.

2 comments:

nitebyrd said...

Seems that both you and your father are taking the right steps. Since she is unwilling to help herself, you, your father and your family cannot continue to have her drag you down to her depths.

Sending you some (((hugs))) and good thoughts.

Nolens Volens said...

You did the absolutely right thing. You stood up to her.