Search This Blog

Monday 19 April 2010

such sad news

For those that read my other blog you may of noted in the midst of being naughty I was distracted by a message. It was from an old friend and lover. He moved abroad last year but we still keep in touch.

He is a special guy I've know him for years, he has given his best years to queen and country, was badly injured but battled to get back from what many would of given up on. Just as he got his life back together and had a child he was then diagnosed with Parkinson's. The pressure blew apart his marriage but as ever he didn't give in, he never has. Today I hear he has cancer skin and multi organ tumors, just got over surgery to remove one from behind his eye and now awaiting reconstruction surgery. Trapped abroad, alone, no family with him. He has 6-12months left :-(

As ever he is so up beat and not wanting to worry anyone. I just want to reach out and hold him. I know under the hard man act he will be aching so much. He so does not deserve this, really looking to the skies and asking why him tonight.

He is hoping to be well enough to travel in June if so we've agreed to meet up, I'm buying the pizzas and beer apparently and Dr's orders is that i wear a low cut top and stockings!

No comments: