Search This Blog

Saturday 11 September 2010

tough week - looks like the cancer is back, wedding anniversary and tired kids


hard work getting the kids back into a routine after 6 weeks in France and grand parents rules but getting there, today though the kids as tired and they both have 2 dance classes to go and a birthday party each to attend.

Yesterday was my wedding anniversary, 16 years, it seemed a pleasant evening was ahead when i spotted the champagne and fillet steak in the fridge, perhaps he was going to make an effort. I took the kids to dance and when I return he had put everything on the bench and shouted downstairs from the bathroom "I think I got everything you need to do tea" FFS!

I ended up having fun and letting the 9yr old do it all under supervision, she did a great job... look at the starter! Pan seared scallops with a roasted garlic and balsamic dressing. A chef in the making.

Mum discovered 2 lumps in her breasts last weekend, she was at the hospital on Monday and its looking likely. She needs to have a scan next week to confirm.

Dad told her about the company folding just hours before the discovery of the lumps so she has been like a time bomb all week and Friday she went off, 8 weeks of sobriety out the window big style.

I lay in the bath last night pleased that the week was over but today has brought more stress not sure what to do yet. I hid under the duvet for an hour hiding from the world but the problem was still there when I came out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hugs from one stressee to another

Playfully Yours said...

OMG, I am so sorry to hear about all this.
I can't imagine how hard it has been on you.
If you need anything, eventhough, I am across the pond. Please let me know.
Sending you loads of hugs and kisses and anything else you need

PY

Playfully Yours said...

Your 9 yr old did a fantastic job!!!! It looks so good.
PY

nitebyrd said...

I'm so sorry for you, your mom and your dad. (((hugs))) and some positive energy being sent your way.

Your child did a lovely job! Looks delicious!

Leah said...

Darling girl, so sorry this is a tough time for you. Email me if you feel like offloading one-to-one. You were kind to me when I was having it bad.

A big hug for you sweetie xxxxxxx