Search This Blog

Thursday 8 July 2010

Alone

Alone again, husband hasnt come home, he text to say he is staying away another night. We spoke briefly this morning, he was telling about a minor issue he has at work and asked if I would draft a letter and review a contract, I told him how things were, that I felt I couldnt cope with much more pressure at the moment, work, family, marriage and its our sons birthday party also this weekend, his reply was, dont worry I dont need it till monday. I sat crying in the car, I felt so isolated, so alone, Id tried to speak up and say I couldnt cope and he didnt even enquire further.

The stress of everything is takings its toll and im worried for my Dad. He has the weight of the world on his shoulders and its making him ill. Things have gone bad at work, we head home early to find some quiet to think and regroup our thoughts and find Mum drunk again

I needed a friend last night and it turns out he was there for me I just didnt have my phone on. He was there again this morning for me and I didnt see until it was too late.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you keep missing the person who is wanting you to lean on them. At least you know you are not alone, and that someone cares besides us in blogland.

-H

Playfully Yours said...

Times like that seem so tough.
You know we are here for you too. But I understand having that strong figure to listen is important too.

Nolens Volens said...

Oh no. Please do lean on my broad shoulders. They're well-made for that. My wife can attest to that. I hope everything works out in the end. You can talk to me anytime.

nitebyrd said...

I'm so sorry you are having such a difficult time. You appear to be carrying some of the world's weight as well. Keep your phone on, your friend will be there. Your other friends are here, too.

Leah said...

My heart goes out to you honey. What you write here is so familiar to me (apart from your mum) xxxx

Gucci Mama said...

I can see so much of myself in your words. I'm so sorry to hear things are so tough. I wish I had encouraging words, but all I can really do is commiserate. So, that sucks. Hope it gets better, love.

heelsnstocking said...

thanks guys x things seem better this week, nothing has changed I've just been focusing on the kids, they make me smile x